Recent and Upcoming Presentations
- Invited public lecture in NEH-sponsored The Gulf Coast Food Project, University of Houston, September 2015 (scheduled).
- “Global Appetites: A Dialogue with Judy Carney,” UCLA Library, February 18, 2014.
- “Lyric Poetry in the Information Age: Seamus Heaney’s Electric Light,” Invited lecture, The Department of English and Environmental Studies Program, Dickinson College, November 22-23, 2013.
- “Slow Food in Digital Times,” The Future of the Environmental Humanities Invitational Symposium. Simpson Center for the Humanities, the University of Washington, November 1-3, 2013.
- Invited lecture and public address, Crop and Soil Sciences Department, Northwest Washington Extension Center, Washington State University, October 31, 2013.
- “Literature and Modern Food Culture,” Keynote Address to the UCLA Friends of English, June 18, 2013.
- “Slow Food & Seed Networks,” Biennial meeting of the Association for the Study of Literature and Environment, University of Kansas, May 29, 2013.
- “Seed Banks & Seed Networks: Narratives, Images, Infrastructure,” The Cultural Politics of Seeds Invitational Symposium, UCLA, May 17, 2013.
- “Networked Nature and Smart Cities in Contemporary U.S. Fiction,” Twentieth-Century American Literature Division, Modern Language Association, January 3, 2013.
- “Feast, Famine, and Other Scenarios” Roundtable, Invited Speaker, Foodprint L.A., Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA), December 8, 2012.
- “Culturing New Media: Writing in an Era of Environmental Crisis,” Eco-media panel, Stanford University, Environmental Humanities Project, November 1, 2012
- “The Future of Food,” Aspen Ideas Festival, Aspen, Colorado, July 2, 2012.
©2014 Allison Carruth